If you want to integrate social sharing to your website or blog, then Addthis provides a great way of doing it.
Addthis to your Google Sites as follows:
- Grab the code from Addthis.
- Whilst editing your page click: Insert > More gadgets, and in the search box type ‘Code Wrapper’.
- Paste the code into the Embed code window.
- Set your width and height (depending upon your button choice, don’t forget to leave enough height for the ‘Bookmark and Share’ fly out).
- Untick scrollbar, border, and title.
- Click OK.
There are some great pictorial instructions on Addthis to help you get up and running, however if like me you don’t have <div class=”bottom”> in your theme then:
- Search for “</div><!— post-content —>”
- Paste the code just above this line.
- Save and close.
You might find making this change breaks your site header image. If so, click Appearance, scroll down and either click the clear header image button, or upload your image.
If you have Disqus enabled, you might have to retype your Shortname, also found under Appearance.